Tax Credits for Energy Efficient
Windows and Doors
There are currently no federal tax credits for windows installed during 2017.
However, homeowners can claim a Federal tax credit for qualifying windows that were installed
in their primary residence during 2016.
To be eligible for the credit on your 2016 tax return, windows and doors must:
- Meet ENERGY STAR u-value and SHGC levels for the region where they are installed,
- Be installed in the taxpayer's primary residence, and
- Be installed by December 31, 2016.
Homeowners may receive a tax credit equal to 10% of the product cost (installation costs may NOT be included) up to:
- $200 for eligible windows
- $500 for eligible entry doors
- Sliding Glass Doors sold by Thermal Windows, Inc. do not qualify.
- Storm Doors do not qualify.
Homeowners may receive no more than $500 total for all energy efficiency tax credits. If you claimed an energy efficiency credit in a previous taxable year, please consult a tax professional to determine your remaining eligibility for this credit.
The credits have been extended to include qualifying products installed thru 12/31/2016. Click here for more information.
Thermal Windows | ThermaTru Doors
. . . . . . .
This is not intended as legal advice. Please consult a tax professional with specific questions.
We will post relevant information here as it becomes available.
(Last Updated 9/30/2016)